Brascot 6 game action scene Concept Art.
VIDEOGAME "BRASCOT 6" WOULD BE
THE NEXT EVOLUTION OF ENTERTAINMENT
New videogame project "Celistic: Brascot 6" is applying to the online fundraising platform called IndieGoGo. The main producer and author of the project Dennis Langley kindly agreed to tell us about the creative idea of the game, its perspectives and what is mostly important, his opinion on chances for the Russian project to gain support of the world society.
SCIENCE FICTION WRITER
Dennis Langley against the background of village from the planet Wadgy.
AND AUTHOR OF CELISTIC PROJECT
- Dennis, is it truth that "Celistic / Brascot 6" videogame will become an anticipated sequel of your literary project "Celistic" which is developed till today?
- Yes, it is. In 2007 I wrote my first sci-fi story on Celistic stellar system. Last year I published the first of three planned books - "Celistic: Book 1" which tells about humans' life in another stellar system. Main characters of this book are space pirates who are drawn against their will in an interplanetary conflict. While creating this Book I was enjoying with not only creating the new world in words, but also with visualizing it.
2D Artists made a bunch of illustrations, concept-arts, and they became the base for "Celistic" comic book series. By the way, the fact that "Marvel Comics", a world-known comic books publisher, expressed they interest in "Celistic", gives us another reason to believe in our success.
THE FIRST VIDEO TEASER
Illustration from Celistic Comics issue 1 by Maxim Revin.
MADE IN 2008 FOR COMICS PREVIEW
- You mentioned "Celistic" trilogy. When can we wait for the sequel?
- It's a little bit early to set terms for other two books. But what I can say now is that in the second book the story will be moving around our main character - the space pirate Brendon Frost. He makes a decision to protect humanity but gets betrayed by the best friend and finds himself on the planet Gabion that is artificially created by aliens. In the third book his adventures will continue. Finding out alien's secret plans on humanity extermination, he tries to stop them.
- The first book is oversaturated with events and characters. Which of the stories will be realized in the game?
- The storyline takes place in 2574 on planet Sovran which is a part of Celistic stellar system and is the main supplier of energy resources. The planet is protected with orbital shield which is maintained by 92 stations. The planet can be conquered only via full shield disconnection from the inside sources. Saiphs - aggressive-minded space settlers - decide to enter the planet through the main station which is Brascot 6. This is the main game location. It's a giant city-factory with an enormous number of industrial facilities.
Concept Art of planet Sovran.
Main character Benson Miles works in station's security service. During the Day of Planet Colonization celebrations Benson is taking his post and suddenly gets in the middle of events. Because of an unexpected explosion of an impulse bomb on Brascot 6, the main reactor is disconnected and as well the orbital shield does. Syphes' plan on conquering the planet succeeded.
During the game Benson understands how big the threat to the station is. Struggling the enemy - Saiphs and space pirates, finding betrayers and saving the loved ones become Benson's main concerns. His mission is also complicated by the fact that each of his foes has his own plans.
"Celistic / Brascot 6" is a post-apocalyptic videogame of category Epic Action / TPS (Third Person Shooter) with RPG elements. We also provided possibility to upgrade your heroes abilities via chips which can be found in locations. This will make players carefully explore all 12 levels of the game and spend a lot of time thinking about what, when and how to improve. Now add here arcades and mini-games that allow opening or activating something.
More than this, each of 12 levels can be passed in alternative way. Wherein, depending on how you pass the previous level, the story changes and the next level is also changed. Player's goal is to find roots of the happening events. This is one of the popular game stories model, for example, the same model laid in the basis of world-known game series DEAD SPACE
THE ACTIONS WILL TAKE ON A HUGE LOCATION.
Brascot 6 station Concept Art.
HERE WILL BE ABLE TO VISIT THE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES,
RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOODS, PRODUCTION HALLS AND MUCH MORE.
- What seemed to be the most important for you during the development?
- Developers' team aimed to create a holistic future world and make players to feel its reality. We feel it important to develop a flexible and coherent design which will make player to keep his role, use character's skills and powers to resolve any situation via the most suitable of many possible ways.
This game is full of stories and unexpected twists and every player has to untangle his own clew of possibilities, choices and consequences. Game's storyline doesn't dictate actions to the player. It just sets a general context: he's the only one who can save the planet from destruction but also he has to puzzle out the complex interrelations. Moreover, giving player a wide range of choices, we decided to hide all criss-crossed moments: story's turnovers can even escape player's attention. I hope we’ll be able to keep the plot and tense during all game.
FOR CONDUCTING THE COMBAT, MOVING FROM ONE LOCATION TO
Brascot 6 gameplay scene Concept Art.
ANOTHER AND PASSING THROUGH LABYRINTS THE HERO WILL
HAVE THE POSSIBILITY TO USE A BIG NUMBER OF OBJECTS FROM
AROUND: THE FURNITURE, THE EQUIPMENT, ELEMENTS FROM
INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OF THE BUILDINGS.
- Dennis, where did the decision to apply to IndieGoGo.com come from?
- First of all, this means new possibilities that are open to private projects by crowdfunding platforms. If we take a look at another fundraising platform Kickstarter.com, only in 2012 Kickstarter backers pledged about $83 million for a variety of project.
"Celistic" project exists for 6 years already. During this time it gained its fans who wait for both sequels of cosmic trilogy and for the videogame based on the book. The last year we tried to make a location by ourselves using Unity 3D engine. Unfortunately, the quality of graph which we could gain on this engine lags behind the last achievements. That's why we decided to move to 3D Game Engine UDK.
We apply to IndieGoGo to gain at least $400 thousand. This money is necessary to develop and publish the game on the market. We have an international team of the best 2D and 3D Artists and programmers of American company Elemental-Labs Inc. who have a valuable experience in game development and are ready to join us. Today almost 75% of preliminary work is finished including developing the game story, concept-arts, locations, characters, weapons, etc. We forecast that if the whip-round campaign will be successful, we'll be able to present official game release in 15 months (May 2015).
THIS STORY ABOUT THE NECESSITY OF PERMANENT CHOICE
Brascot 6 game action scene Concept Art.
- PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL - MADE BY BENSON MILES
IN WHOSE HEART THE LOVE, FRIENDSHIP AND DEVOTION ARE BORN.
- What kind of bonuses did you prepare for backers?
- We create a series of rewards to say "thank you" to those who back our project and want us to succeed. Our backers will gain a lot of different rewards that can be divided into three categories. The first one is "digital pack" which includes digital copies of all published comic books, art and concept books, and also a copy of the game.
The second category of rewards includes printed editions of comics, sketches, art-books and a copy of the game on a license disk: all this includes delivery. Withal, backer will receive a T-shirt and badges with game's symbolics.
For third-level backers we provide, beside to the presents above, a possibility to gain Associate Producer Credit, meaning a possibility to set advertising inside the game, create personal characters, set backer's name on one of game objects and also 3D copies of main characters.
Be honest we're very exited to announce our IndieGoGo campaign for BRASCOT 6 is underway,
and looking forward to spreading the word and supporting our project!
LINK TO THE PAGE ON INDIEGOGO
Interview by Elena Yagovkina